Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Who the hell are You?

A couple of weeks ago, my lovely Jenn tagged me in her blog Who the Hell am I? Pfffft ... Who the Hell are You?  At first, I was like woooaahh ... Jenn's good and ticked off about something. But then I quickly realized we were playing a little game. She had been tagged by Menopausal Mother to answer a list of questions and then there she goes and tags me, too. Now I'm IT. I always wanted to be IT. People always say, "ohhh yeah. you got IT." I'm always like, "yeaaahh, I'm IT. I'm the stuff." And then I laugh and laugh and wipe yesterday's mascara out from under my raccoon eyes. Anyway, I digress.

25 questions I have to answer here, so let's get this thing started.

1.  WHERE WERE YOU BORN?  St. Louis, Missouri. Go Cardinals!!

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER SOMEONE?  Ehhh, kind of. Actress Dina Merrill is where my Mom saw the name "Dina" and liked it.

3. IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE?  I have three children of my own, and I have my three bonus kiddos that the Hubs brought with him ;)

4. HOW MANY PETS DO YOU HAVE?  Seven dogs. One cat. And a best friend living with us who has one dog and six cats. It's a full house!

5. YOUR WORST INJURY?  I've been fairly lucky in this regard. I've not had any real major injuries. The longest it took me to heal from an injury was my most recent spill I took in my gravel driveway with one of the dogs. I tripped over my own slipper as I was running with the dog and then fell to my knees first, then elbows and then bumped my head. In the process of tripping, I'm certain I broke the second toe on my left foot, and that would be the only bone I have ever broken. It took me probably about 6 weeks for all the bruising to heal, and my toe is still pinkish even today.

6. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?  I can make money disappear. Quickly.

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE THING TO BAKE?  Brownies!!

8. FAVORITE FAST FOOD?  Wendy's homestyle chicken sandwiches. Love those dang things!

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?  Not for a million dollars. Okay, maybe a million. But I would probably have to be drugged first.

10. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?   Probably overall appearance first but then I go to the eyes. There's a wealth of information in there!

11. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?  Yesterday at church. It happens ;)

12. ANY CURRENT WORRIES?  Of course. We all have worries. But I don't dwell on them. I figure and trust that everything will work out just the way it's supposed to, so I try hard not to stress.

13. NAME 3 DRINKS YOU DRINK REGULARLY.  Iced tea, Mt. Dew and Gatorade.

14. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?  The Bible first and foremost. There would be too many others to possibly choose a favorite among secular books I have read.

15. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A PIRATE?  Hells yeah!! Okay, not really. They don't get to bathe very often. I like to bathe. And I get motion sickness, so I would make a really sucky pirate.

16. FAVORITE SMELLS?  My husband, fresh laundry, newly-mowed grass, cinnamon rolls baking, and fried chicken :D

17. WHY DO YOU BLOG?  Because I'm a glutton for punishment, and it helps to get things off my chest and on to "paper" (so to speak). I also hope that whatever I decide to write may help someone else, even in the smallest way.

18. WHAT SONG DO YOU WANT PLAYED AT YOUR FUNERAL?  "Stand" by Sugarland.

19. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  I wish I could cook better and wish I could bake amazing things or that I was craftier or had some sort of musical ability.

20. FAVORITE HOBBY?  Shopping!

21. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A FRIEND?  Loyalty, honesty and acceptance.

22. NAME SOMETHING YOU'VE DONE THAT YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D DO.  Bury a husband, and yet somehow make it to the alter again to give love another chance.

23. FAVORITE FUN THINGS TO DO?  Just be at home with my family and my pets, watching some tv. I like to swim and hike, too.

24. ANY PET PEEVES?  Are you kidding? I have a book full of pet peeves! I think I'm on number 742 now.

25. WHAT'S THE LAST THING THAT MADE YOU LAUGH?  My last answer :D I crack myself up!





Ok now for the 20 other bloggers who get to play along with me ... here goes!

1. Anchored Strength and Weathered Storms
2. The Crumb Diaries - Curveballs
3. DeBie Hive
4. Fireandrabbits
5. Food Thoughts of a Chef Wannabe
6. It's Not Just a Dog!
7. Martha Stewart Doesn't Live Here
8. My Children Think I'm Perfect
9. Razorblade Brain
10. Sole Searching Mamma
11. Sorry Kid, Your Mom Doesn't Play Well With Others
12. Everyday Adventures of a BiPolar Mom
13. The Misanthropic Father
14. The Momisodes
15. What I Really Meant to Say Was ...
16. You're My Favorite Today
17. Diapers ... or Wine?
18. Don't Chew on the Dinner Table! (and other things I never thought I'd say...)
19. Overworked Supermom
20. Two Point Five Kids

Go give these blogs a look-see and follow what you like! I hope they play along :D

Thanks for reading!


6 comments:

  1. Hey Lady!! I loved reading your list....the pirate one cracked me up, oh, and freshly mowed grass - yes! Thanks for tagging me in! I just finished a post last week after I was tagged by another blogger. My answers are here:
    http://www.solesearchingmamma.com/2013/02/blogger-tag-game-apparently-im-it.html
    Hope your week is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy!!! You did it!! And I Love your answers!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL And now I'm sending you a Liebster :)Come get your Liebster Award! http://mommysbreak.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
    http://themisadventuresofabipolargirl.com/2013/03/17/very-inspiring-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete