Hello there everyone! I know, I know. Long time, no write. Sometimes the inspiration just isn't there! But today --- today is my birthday. My 46th birthday to be exact. So I decided to share 46 things I've learned in my 46 years on this Earth. Ready? Alright here we go:
1. You can't always get what you want.
2. Brothers don't take it easy on you just because you're a "girl." And you'll be thankful later on in life for that.
3. You shouldn't wear a dress when it's windy outside.
4. The best thing you can be taught in school is how to treat other people and how to resolve conflicts without violence.
5. But when push comes to shove, be prepared.
6. Know how to change your own flat tire.
7. Don't give up on your dreams.
8. Your parents may not always have it all together. That's okay. You won't either when you're a parent. And your kids will love you anyway.
9. Being a parent is the scariest, toughest, and most rewarding thing I have ever done.
10. Summer nights smell the best.
11. Embrace a creative activity - whether it be painting, sculpting, singing, farming, building, etc. Find what it is that brings you peace and joy and do that thing. But not for a job. Just for you.
12. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
13. Chocolate always makes things better.
14. Take the nap. Seriously. Just take it.
15. Surround yourself with people who lift you up and encourage you.
16. Take better care of your teeth.
17. Read. And then read some more.
18. You should know why you believe what you believe. Otherwise, your foundation is like sand and will fall away.
19. Age doesn't necessarily equal maturity.
20. Peanut butter cookies really do suck.
21. Always believe in the magic of Christmas and never doubt that miracles still happen.
22. What goes in must come out, so don't fill your body or mind with crap.
23. Forgiveness is more for you than for the person you are forgiving.
24. Choose kindness, but don't let anyone walk all over you.
25. Let people love you, even when you don't think you deserve it.
26. Give love, even when you aren't sure the person receiving it deserves it.
27. Share your toys.
28. You will lose sometimes. Games, money, precious mementos, people you love. And you will cherish them all the more because it's true that you often don't know what you've got until it's gone.
29. Dogs are just angels who slobber.
30. "It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." ~ Abraham Lincoln
31. "He who is good at making excuses is seldom good for anything else." ~ Benjamin Franklin
32. Never stay with someone would put their hands on you with the intent to hurt you. You are worth so much more.
33. Whatever will be, will be. If it's meant to happen, it will happen. The universe is not out to get you. Go with the flow.
34. You will really only regret the things you never tried.
35. Actions speak louder than words.
36. Helping others and volunteering is one of the best ways to take your mind off of your own problems. Helping others helps you feel better.
37. Laughter really IS the best medicine.
38. Let your guard down with the person you choose to spend your life with. Share it all. Don't be afraid to shed tears and let them in the dark places. Give your whole self to the one you love. And give them a safe place to do the same.
39. Be honest in your work and in all the little things. If you can't be trusted with little, you won't be trusted with much.
40. Be happy in whatever circumstance you find yourself. Look for the silver lining. Choose joy and gratitude in all things.
41. Eat the dessert but don't be gluttonous.
42. Do your best to make a good impression but don't get stuck on what others think of you. Be true to yourself.
43. Do the right thing. And when you do the wrong thing, make it right.
44. Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Keep your word.
45. It's okay to ask for help.
46. The answer to the meaning of life is: LOVE. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Love never fails. (1 Corinth. 13:4-8(a))
And there's still so much more I've learned and have yet to learn. So grateful for this life I've been given. Thank you to each of you who have had a part in my play. It would not be complete without you. <3