I have a follower who works at a community mental health organization and is a master's of social work candidate from Michigan State University. This friend asked to share with me and each of you the importance of continuing therapy after an assault, trauma or in instances of PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). My friend's hope, like mine, is that by sharing their experiences with you, maybe, just maybe, we can help at least ONE person because EVERY single person is worth helping. This is what they shared with me and what I would like to pass on to each of you:
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Happily surprised, I was, to wake up this morning and see that I had been granted the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by The Misadventures of a Bipolar Girl and then again later in the day by Mrs. Nelson's Math Tutoring! It does the heart good to know that others find you "inspiring".
Now, to the rules. There are always rules. I must post 7 interesting things about myself. Seven. Interesting. Well, here we go:
1. I am not left handed.
2. I played softball when I was a kid. I wasn't all that great at it, but I could run fast!
3. I was a cheerleader for 3 years in high school, and it was the most rewarding experience I had in school. I can still do a cartwheel!! Ok, my wrists can hardly take it, but I can do it!
4. I love Taco-flavored Doritos, Sons of Anarchy and iced tea. All three of them at the same time is like heaven on earth. On certain days, you can substitute Mad Men for Sons of Anarchy and it'd still be heaven.
5. I can type almost 140 words per minute. Don't get into a chat battle with me. I'll win.
6. I have naturally curly hair. And when I say "naturally curly hair", I mean a frizzball on the top of my head.
7. I have awesome friends and family who support me and my desire to raise awareness about suicide and other mental health care issues.
Okay now that we have that out of the way, I must now nominate 15 other bloggers to receive this award. I find inspiration in the blogging world over and over again, so this should be somewhat easy peasy.
1. What I Really Meant to Say Was
2. Sole Searching Mamma
3. Razorblade Brain
4. My Daily Jenn-ism
5. Martha Stewart Doesn't Live Here
6. I Want a Dumpster Baby
7. Frugalista Blog
8. Four Plus an Angel
10. Diary of a Mad Woman
11. Curveballs - The Crumb Diaries
12. ADD Music Mamma
13. Scarred for Life
14. My Children Think I'm Perfect
15. Adventures of NinjaMama
Please go check out these fabulous bloggers!!